The loveliness of Valentine’s Day is only matched by its profitability, raking in an estimated 20.7 billion dollars each year. It ranks as the second most lucrative sales day annually, following in the unmatched footsteps of Christmas. We all, simply love to love.
February 14th provides the perfect opportunity to shower romantic partners with thoughtfulness and gifts. It also gives massage therapists the opportunity to provide clients with specialized services and products that will ensure a unique experience while bringing in additional profit.
Give your clients or patients the opportunity to feel spoiled with your romantic or relaxing massages or purchase thoughtful, longer-lasting gifts that are sure to be appreciated by their significant others.
The Origins of Personalized Valentine’s Day Gifts
The celebration of love stretches through the annals of history, from the pagan Lupercalia Festival to Saint Valentine to Hallmark. This leaves much to the imagination for ways you can personalize the holiday for your clients—and boost your practice in the process.
The personalization of the holiday began in the 17th and 18th centuries when British friends and lovers began crafting gilded cards and fashioning gifts to celebrate their love. Simultaneously, American settlers decorated cards using ribbons, bows, and ancient Greek and Roman deities like the winged cherub, Cupid, and the goddess of love, Venus.
Then in 1916, the Hall brothers, the founders of Hallmark Greetings, found a way to capitalize on the tradition—thanks in part to their new printing press. With their estimated 1,400 types of Valentine’s Day cards and a fortune in retail sales later, their inspired romantic ideas have been vindicated.
Since then, Valentine’s Day has become one of the leading sales days in the United States.
From a handcrafted token to a tailored consultation or a mass-produced gift, people, including your patients, are keen to celebrate Valentine’s Day and show their loved ones how much they care.
And you can be a part of it.
Make Your Own Personalized Valentine’s Day Gifts
Sharing a personalized, thoughtful gift adds to the impact of any Valentine’s Day. It swoons j’adore, ti amo, te quiero, I love you!
There are many ways you can help your patients enhance a connection, from creating offerings that touch hearts to individualizing consultations or transforming your practice for the day…
Offering Valentine’s Day promotions or individualizing consultations are just three ways you can help provide romantic gift experiences that your clients will enjoy.
1. Consider selling two-for-one couples sessions, whether it be massage, other bodywork, or acupressure therapy.
Valentine’s Day is a particularly lucrative holiday for massage therapists, but it doesn’t discount you if you are a chiropractor or other health professional. Working collaboratively and putting together a package that includes both services is sure to be popular and increase sales.
You can personalize each session and create an unforgettable experience by
- including music that is sentimental to both clients
- dim lighting
- aromatherapy scents that spark romance like patchouli or rose
- damiana and/or rose-bud tea
- treats like dark chocolate with a high cacao content
- read love poems by romance-driven poets like Rumi
Not only is this an ideal gift, but it will help the market and drive your business.
2. Offer personalized Valentine’s Day massage promotions
Offering a distinct Valentine’s Day massage session makes a wonderful gift for partners and will also entice singles to spoil themselves. You can create discounted promotions, offer gift cards, and much more to make the holiday work for you.
The key is to create a romantic or soothing ambiance for all your Valentine’s Day clients that deviates from your normal offerings.
Consider creating a Valentine’s Day ambiance with:
- dim or rose-colored lighting
- relaxing or playful music
- aromatherapy scents that invoke self-appreciation like frankincense, bergamot, or ylang ylang
- herbal teas that promote a calm mind or invite clarity like a tulsi-rose combination
- Small plant-based snacks such as pillowy Eastern-inspired mochi balls
Anything that will make your client feel pampered will help. This is your chance to be creative. And be sure to use a CBD CLINIC™️ massage oil.
Pss. You can charge up to $50 more for sessions that include CBD CLINIC products.
3. Offer personalized Valentine’s Day gift baskets that include CBD CLINIC massage oil
Don’t forget, many people (typically men) leave Valentine’s Day gifts to the last minute or blank out on them altogether. This is your chance to be pro-active and capitalize on the moment!
You can place CBD CLINIC massage products in attractive packaging near the counter or clinic door with a card that says, “Did you remember Valentine’s Day?” If the answer is no, you will probably generate an easy sale by providing an “impulse buy” at the counter.
Go ahead and reinstate the handcrafted origins of Valentine’s Day. Create customizable massage gift baskets that include CBD CLINIC’s massage oils.
- Offer Maximum Strength Deep-Rub Pain Relief Oil – Level 5 for clients and their loved ones who are experiencing significant pain. The powerful combination of 5% camphor and 15% menthol will penetrate deeply into their muscles and joints for lasting relief that could help them take their mind off pain and put it back on love.
- Offer Mild Strength Deep-Rib Pain Relief Oil– Level 1 for clients and their loved ones who are experiencing mild aches and pains or like the sensation of gentle, cooling essential oils. 3% camphor will soothe aching muscles and joints while essential oils of clove, eucalyptus, and tea tree enhance the cooling effect and invigorate the senses.
Including these products in gift baskets provides a considerate gift your clients and their loved ones are bound to appreciate.
You can enhance memorability and client retention by topping off any gift basket with your own branded Valentine’s Day card and/or branded towels. A card with a few massage tips will go a long way. Don’t forget to show your client how to perform a few easy massage techniques for added value.
You may also wish to throw beeswax or soy wax candles into the mix—or any other natural product that screams “romance.”
Just be sure to remind your clients that these analgesic oils vary in strength, so they need to pick the right one for their partner. Clients should also be aware that the products should not have contact with mucous membranes and other sensitive areas of the body.
Bottom Line: You Can Make Valentine’s Day Unforgettable
Valentine’s Day is one of our favorite times of the year. Its focus on love and thoughtfulness provides massage therapists with a wonderful opportunity to encourage the use of products and therapies that make a difference in the lives of your patients and those they adore. Our CBD CLINIC massage products will provide a unique experience your clients will remember you for and will help ensure they return—not to mention their partners.
Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only. It has not been approved by the FDA to diagnose, treat, prevent, cure, or mitigate any diseases or conditions. We use CBD in our products for cosmetic purposes only.