If you recommend any of the wide range of cannabidiol (CBD) products on the market today, you’re probably already aware of the massive appeal that come from using this compound. But have you ever investigated where your CBD actually comes from? Because, whether you’re aware of it or not, the source matters if you are seeking quality CBD.
While the CBD products industry is still young, it’s already growing and evolving at an exponential rate. Here’s why it matters to you, your practice and your patients…
Hemp farming is now big business!
Following the 2018 Farm Bill, a bill that legitimized the farming and processing of hemp for the commercial market, there has been a sharp uptick in hemp farming and CBD product manufacturing.
This is both a blessing and a curse.
While it’s great that more products are available for those seeking the benefits of high-quality CBD, as is often the case, an abundance of quantity can lead to a loss of quality. In an age where the shelves are quickly becoming flooded with new products, you need to ensure reliable, effective and safe options for your patients.
Why a safe CBD source matters?
The origin of your CBD products means a lot both in terms of how the hemp is farmed and how it’s processed. Harmful additives like pesticides, chemical fertilizers and heavy metals can undermine both the quality and safety of CBD oil. Using products from manufacturers who don’t care about how and where their CBD is sourced can undermine the reputation of your practice and potentially endanger the wellbeing of your patients.
Fortunately, we put a great deal of work into sourcing our CBD so you can ensure quality and safety for your patients when using our CBD massage oil.
Sourcing Quality CBD — it’s what we do
All of the hemp for our CBD product range is sourced from the United States in Colorado and Oregon. We haven’t chosen these states at random. Our hemp is carefully selected from farmers in these locations because we have found that these suppliers have two important qualities.
- Firstly, they are ethically focused. Just like us, the hemp farmers in Oregon and Colorado practice responsible and sustainable practices.
- Secondly, they abide by the rules of the 2018 Farm Bill — Agricultural Act of 2018. Our main requirement for our suppliers is that they are approved by their state department of agriculture. Our Oregon and Colorado farmers are registered with their respective state departments and, as such, are bound by strict codes of practice. Our suppliers repeatedly test their hemp for even the smallest trace elements of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, heavy metals, and harmful chemicals.
What’s more, Oregon’s climate, with its low elevation and wonderful mix of sun and rain prepares the ground for ready availability of good quality hemp. Moreover, the Colorado Department of Agriculture’s Industrial Hemp Program regulates the cultivation and works collaboratively with the new generation of hemp farmers to ensure that farming practices are ethical, sustainable and in line with exacting state and federal legislation.
How to Assure Quality CBD
As hemp farming explodes and legislation rushes to catch up, the hemp industry is currently suffering from low-quality assurance with inconsistent standards (if any at all). Therefore, it’s up to responsible manufacturers and farmers to hold themselves to account.
Because hemp is a hyper-accumulator it readily absorbs everything, which is why high safety and quality standards need to be employed to protect consumers. Without proper safeguards, hemp plants can contain traces of chemical fertilizers, pesticides and heavy metals as well as highly inconsistent THC levels. And that’s to say nothing of occupational hazard and unfair treatment for farmworkers.
At CBD CLINIC™, we (as well as our farmers and partners) work to proper Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) standards, use appropriate extraction methods and implement the highest standards of quality controls. We are cGMP audited and compliant and our facilities undergo rigorous 3rd-party testing to ensure that quality is consistent from batch to batch. Every link in our supply chain is tested and inspected to assure quality and give our customers and their patients complete peace of mind.
One more thing – it is not all about Quality CBD
As mentioned earlier, CBD products in the market are often blended with all sort of materials your clients do not want to use on their body—or accidentally ingest. Your clients can trust that our products do not have “garbage” inside – only naturally-derived ingredients.
But if your clients want to do the research for themselves in the market, they should get to know the full product and not only look at the CBD description.
In short, your patients should also review:
- Active ingredients: Unnatural substances like harmful salicylates can thin the blood, however natural active ingredients like menthol and camphor work naturally with the body as counterirritants to distract the brain from pain signals.
- Inactive ingredients: While many companies use naturally-derived menthol and camphor as active ingredients; they use unnatural carrier oils, additives, and binders. These often include petroleum-based products like petroleum jelly, petrolatum, mineral oil, and paraffin oil; which are by-products of petroleum gasoline. These products prevent the body from adequately absorbing the active ingredients, essential oils, and beneficial emollients; while also clogging the pores, which invites unhealthy skin.
- 3rd Party Testing: Your clients should not take the company’s word for their products alone. A quality company will provide batch results, which not only reveals the THC-level (if any), but also the presence of toxins such as pesticides or heavy metals.
- Customer support: While we are well into the digital age, nothing replaces a human voice—especially for explaining an entirely new product on the market. There are many people in the industry who are capitalizing on this lack of knowledge. But a reliable company will have employees ready to answer any questions about CBD, the endocannabinoid system, how the active ingredients work with the body, etc. Moreover, a company without a customer support team could be a fraudulent company. When it comes to your patients’ health, it’s not worth the risk.
With a wide range of cannabidiol items being eagerly marketed, it is important to choose a company that focuses on ethical, effective, non-addictive, and safe pain-relieving products that meet government regulations, are law-abiding, enhance your patient’s wellbeing, and boost your reputation and profits. CBC CLINIC is a pharmaceutical company that meets these requirements and, in addition, is strongly focused on helping your practice grow.